It’s a fact of life that different pests in Ventura County are going to cause different problems. Some pests, like the mosquito, are especially annoying since they feed on your blood and leave behind itchy welts among other problems.
If you’ve ever had the misfortune to deal with mosquito bites, then you’ve also had a number of questions that need to be answered. Fortunately, you’re in luck since we’re here to answer Ventura County’s most commonly asked mosquito questions.
Walking Through Commonly Asked Questions
While it would be nice to provide answers to every single question, there’s just not enough time and space to cover all of them. We’ve focused on the most common ones for your review below:
- Why Do Mosquitoes Bite You: Female mosquitoes bite humans to drink your blood. They do this because that’s how they get the nutrients they need to stay alive.
- Is It Bad If A Mosquito Bites You: It’s both annoying and potentially bad. Every single person who gets bitten by a mosquito will experience an itchy welt they can’t help but want to scratch. However, mosquitoes carry pathogens that lead to the transmission of dangerous diseases and even harmful allergic reactions for some people.
- How Many Times Will One Mosquito Bite You: Mosquitoes have no limit to the number of times they will bite you except until they’re full. Only when full will they stop.
- Can A Mosquito Bite Through Clothing: Only if the clothing is thin enough for them to bite through. Material like jeans or thick shirts is much more difficult for them to bite through than other thinner materials.
- What Smells Do Mosquitoes Hate: They hate smelling citronella, which is why so many people try using tiki torches to keep them away. Mosquitoes also dislike cedarwood, lavender, eucalyptus, peppermint, and lemongrass.
- How Do I Stop Getting Bitten By Mosquitoes: There are two ways. The first is to invest in personal sprays. This allows you to wait long enough to work with a professional pest control company that specializes in mosquito control, which is the second way.
Now that you’ve gotten some answers, it’s time to put them to good use by investing in ongoing mosquito control services so that your Ventura County home is at least safe and secure from this annoying and dangerous pest.
Mosquito Control With VC Pest Control
Mosquitoes are one of those pests that require something a bit more impactful than general pest control. At VC Pest Control, our team understands that all too well. That’s why our team at VC Pest Control works with you to identify the source of the problem and apply specialized treatments to control the mosquito population, so you can breathe easier.
Mosquitoes are most active from April through November and for this reason, we service homes for this pest during this time. We will inspect the exterior of your home for potential breeding spots, remove standing water sources, and apply mosquito treatments around your property with motorized backpack foggers. We will provide additional treatments to effectively control the problem as needed.
Our service is backed by our advanced pest management plan to cover the exact needs of your pest problem. We remain successful in our service because we focus on delivering on expectations. When you need reliable results, we deliver. When you need efficiency and respect for your time, we deliver. Give our team at Ventura County Pest Control a call to speak with one of our agents about our professional mosquito control options or fill out our online form to schedule your free inspection.